By purchasing a training product on this website — any Yoga Medicine module, immersion or online course — you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Approved or Updated Teacher Status
At the time of purchase, you have previously filled out the Yoga Medicine application and been accepted to the program. Part of the online application includes the Participant Release Form, which you must agree to in order to participate in a Yoga Medovideicine® training of any kind. Yoga Medicine reserves the right to offer your spot on the training to an approved applicant or teacher who has updated their information with us.
Deposit Payment Refund Policy
Deposit payments of $500 for a training is non-refundable and non-transferable. Full payments minus deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable after the specified date for each training.
Yoga Medicine® Trademark
Yoga Medicine is a registered trademark used to identify products and services offered, related to the study and practice of yoga. None of these products or services involve the practice of medicine or take the place of medical consultation. We urge you to consult a physician or other healthcare professional of your choice before undertaking any form of exercise, including yoga, to make sure that it is safe and appropriate for you.
- Registering or filling in forms on the website. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Yoga Medicine®’s products and services or sign up to receive Yoga Medicine®’s e-mail newsletters and updates.
- Completing an application to the Yoga Medicine®. When you submit an application to join one of Yoga Medicine’s teacher training programs, you provide much more in-depth information. We keep this information confidential within the Yoga Medicine® team.
- Purchasing any product or service from YogaMedicine.com.
- When you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, profile photos, or updating your teacher profile). This includes entry submissions on YogaMedicine.com, such as comments or feedback forms.
- Requesting information or assistance from Yoga Medicine®. Yoga Medicine® may also keep a copy of any email communications or correspondence you may send.
- We also collect personal information through our newsletter system in order to send you customized, personal emails.
- Using other features of the website or Services that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- let you browse between webpages without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- control that your data is processed securely.
ORDER INFORMATION THAT YOU EXPRESSLY PROVIDE If you register for a Yoga Medicine® training/event, or buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your enrollment or ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication to process your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment. If you purchase a product from one of our affiliates, such as Rad Roller product, we will share your shipping information with them and our affiliate will fulfill the product shipping order and inform you that the product is en route. Your billing information remains confidential, protected, and unshared.
AGE RESTRICTIONS Yoga Medicine® does not target its services or the website to individuals under 18. Yoga Medicine® does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any such information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 who has provided such information to us, please inform us (Info@YogaMedicine.com) and we will remove such information from our database as described further below. In addition, no person (of any age) is required to provide us with the personal information we request. If you do not wish to provide such information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested information to us through Yoga Medicine®’s website or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. If after submitting personal information to us, you wish to “opt-out,” please contact us as noted above and we will remove your information from our database as set forth below in the section titled “Managing Your Information.” Please know that such a decision will not stop advertising or content that is generated prior to the time when we can accomplish the removal of your information. Yoga Medicine® uses the information you provide to us to customize emails and the content that we present to you, to contact you with specials and new products, and to enhance our product offerings. Yoga Medicine® will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party except when:
- Yoga Medicine® must share the information in order to provide a product or service that you have requested, in which case we will demand that any third party we use to fulfill your order agree that it does not have the right to use the personal information other than to fulfill your request; or
- Yoga Medicine® is required to respond to subpoena, court orders or other legal process requiring such disclosure.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION You are entitled to request access to and correction of all your personal data collected by us via Yoga Medicine® website, as well as to require us to delete your data if you no longer want us to process it. You can make such a request or a related inquiry by sending an email to Info@Yoga Medicine.com. If you are one of our customers who are in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at Info@Yoga Medicine.com. We will be more than happy to help.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY Yoga Medicine® and the original creators of all materials on Yoga Medicine®’s website own all copyrightable subject matter on Yoga Medicine®’s website and all trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Yoga Medicine® and/or such other parties. No license to or right in any such copyrights, trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Yoga Medicine® and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you. In addition, direct linking, deep linking, framing, page-jacking, metatagging, and using a robot, spider, or automated device of any kind to monitor or copy Yoga Medicine®’s website is strictly prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Yoga Medicine® hereby authorizes you only to access the content herein solely for your personal and private use in learning or acquiring Yoga Medicine® products. Except where expressly noted, no other permission is granted to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this website. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this website may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Any other use of materials on this website, including reproduction for purposes other than those expressly permitted herein, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission of Yoga Medicine® is strictly prohibited. Any copy made by you as permitted herein must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA? We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
DO WE HAVE ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS WHEN HANDLING YOUR DATA? Yes. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. For example, we might need to keep records for tax reasons or fraud detection.